Monday, July 28, 2008

Crawling to the starting line

This blog was originally created for a couple of reasons: (1) a place to track progress of workouts, weight loss, and the conversion from sedentary life to something a little less, and (2) a place to share with other readers who stumble upon this motivation, tips, and tricks that help me reach fitness and lifestyle goals.

So what happened? Life got in the way. I was working out steadily when I created the blog then work got busy, my wedding came and went, honeymoons took place, other commitments popped up and I stopped going. Then we moved, my gym membership expired, and my foot started to hurt more than ever (i'll post on this someday). It seems that each week I say I'll start next week, and next week comes and I forget to pack a gym bag, I can't decide what gym to join or re-join, my ipod isn't charged or any number of minuscule interruptions destroys my motivation.

I figure I'll start here with a list of goals and go from there. Hopefully, I'll keep with these and the blog and provide myself and anyone reading with updated now and then:

This week:
  • Pick a gym - Do I go with the old gym that I'm comfortable with, is priced reasonably, but is 40 minutes from my house or a new nicer gym at high price that is more convenient?
  • Go to the gym three times

Semi-long term:

  • Lose 5 pounds
  • Run 3 miles in under 27 minutes
  • Perform 20 consecutive flawless pushups

Long term:

  • Lose 15 pounds
  • Run in a competitive 5k, faster than 25 minutes
  • Perform 15 flawless pullups
  • Perform 25 flawless pushups
  • Squat my body weight

No comments: